Saturday 11 August 2007

11.08.2007 And another...

Continued from 08.08.2007 Another day in the making

Saturday 11 August 2007 - Detail work on Moo Gaz commences...
By end of Saturday's session this was the order of play looking at both sides of Moo Gaz...
Sunday 12 August 2007 - A painting session from 10.00am till 4.15pm breaking for lunch in the staff canteen with Nilay and Zarife.
There is progress...
Some one left a note at Tepe for me in Turkish: "Turk Bayragi Yanlis Yerde" - which means "the Turkish flag is in the wrong place"; after 2 months of Turkish lessons even I can understand that i.e. "the Turkish flag is close to the cow's rear end."
It brings to mind Moda Sea Club and a club member requesting me to move one of my Ataturk portraits from a door which led to another door which led to the toilets. I find this mentality so boring; still, we must remember Turkiye's governing party does have a light bulb as its motif - lights are on, but is anyone at home? Sentences like this do not aid my case with the established authorities, but having invested my time and money in Turkey for 10 years, I don't really give a fig what the small minded think of me.

On the way home today this wonderfully painted ship was moored in Karakoy: a big set of luscious red lips and huge eye - it certainly took the eye.

Monday 13 August 2007 - Another note left by a Tepe Nautilus visitor: "Kara Carsafil Kadinlar Olmasa Daha Guzel Olurdu!!!" Something about not wanting to see covered women painted on the cow. You can just see the images below, top front leg. You see what I contend with? I only paint what I see on a daily basis.
Tuesday 14 August 2007 - Photo in Milliyet newspaper with a cow.
Guliz, Nihat and Zarife from the Tepe Naulius management office help paint model fish...

Go to 15.08.2007 A long night and the vandalised cow